GRANTS ADMINISTRATION REPORTING
BudCast Reporting module, there are grants reports that nicely package budget, expenditures, and BudCast projections. For assistance on basic navigation to and within BudCast reports please reference the training guide “Executing & Navigating in Reports”.
Folder and Report Definitions. Within the Grants report folder there are three high level folders; Active Only Projects, Active and Inactive Projects, and Projection Reconciliation Reports.
Note: To drill down to lower levels in the report tree click the and buttons.
1.1 Active Only Projects- Includes only Projects that are Active.
- Life-to Date- Contains Life-to-Date (LTD) reports with budget, expenditures, projected expenses, and final balance without any Budget Period breakout. This allows users to see LTD totals by budget category.
- Basic PI Report- This is the most basic grants financial report. It only includes direct budget and expense transactions. These reports exclude all Cost Share, F&A, and Agency Reimbursements.
- Advanced PI Report- These reports have an identical structure to the Basic PI Report. However they include Cost Share, and F&A and exclude Agency Reimbursements.
- Admin Report- These reports again have the same structure as the Basic and Advanced PI Reports. However they include an extra column on the far right which includes detail on Total-to-Date (TTD) Agency Reimbursements.
- Life-to-Date with Budget Period Breakouts- Identical to reports in the LTD folder with one (1) exception, there is a level in all of these reports that breaks out each Project ID by budget period.
- KUCR- Customized reports that group projects by Post Award Team.
- SSC Distribution- Customized reports for the SSCs for quick report distribution.
1.2 Active and Inactive Projects- Includes all Project activity, regardless if it is Active or Inactive.
1.3 Projection Reconciliation Reports- Provides Total-to-Date columns for Manual Salary Projection and Manual OOE Projection transaction types to quickly allow users to see if projection entries are still in the system for closed months.
Select Parameters. Once a report is selected (in this case, an Active only, Life-to-Date, Admin Report) users will need to select the run time month and the data set to load. The user should choose the current month in order to see the most recently reported transactions.
2.1 In this example the user has chosen a report based on Project ID. The user can click the button to search for the specific Project ID from the list.
2.2 Click the button to load the report.
Reading Grants Administration Reports.
3.1 BudCast Reallocations. The entries made in the View are visible in the Report. In this example the user moved $10,000 from Key Personnel onto the Unclassified Salary budget line.
3.2 Manual OOE Commitments. The OOE projections made in the View are visible in the report. To drill down into the report to see individual transactions move your cursor over the $15500 amount and click thebutton that appears.
3.3 Manual Salary Projection. The salary projections made in the View are visible in the Report. Hover the cursor over the Budget Line ‘Salaries Unclassified’ and click the button that appears to drill down to the transaction level to see the transaction descriptions.
3.4 Agency Reimbursements. Total amounts received from the award agency are reflected in this cell.
Comparing to DEMIS. The BudCast Report reflects the same information found in a DEMIS report, and includes the user’s BudCast Adjustments. It’s important to note that BudCast is updated at 7:00 PM and any transactions that have occurred throughout the day will not be included in the BudCast data until the nightly refresh.